Translate

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WC Board Attorney to run for family court judge position


Webster County School Board Attorney Brandi Hagan Rogers announced today she will be a candidate for Family Court Judge of Crittenden, Union and Webster Counties (Circuit Five) in the election to be held next year. The seat is currently held by Judge William E. Mitchell, who is retiring.  
Rogers, age 32, has been a partner in the Marion law firm of Frazer, Rogers & Peek since 2010.  She was admitted to practice law in Kentucky and in U.S. District Court in 2006.  
Additionally, she serves as Master Commissioner for the Crittenden County and as attorney for both the Crittenden County School District and the Webster County School District.  
While earning her law degree, Rogers clerked for Circuit Judge Rene Williams and for Kentucky Chief Justice Joseph E. Lambert.  Rogers is a graduate of Crittenden County High School, Western Kentucky University (Magna Cum Laude) and Salmon P. Chase College of Law.    
Rogers revealed that she possessed an unusual qualification for the job, beyond her legal experience.  She grew up in Crittenden and Union Counties, the child of a broken home, and found stability only when she was finally allowed to live with her grandparents.  

During those years she had an “up close and personal” relationship with the Court.  
“Family Court is not for the lighthearted,” she said.  “We deal with tough issues: Abuse, neglect, dependency, custody battles, divorce, parental rights, child support, etc. These issues I know, not just because this is my work as a lawyer and I represent families every day, but because that’s what I lived. I know homes that need intervention; I know homes that need reunification.  I know them in my heart and my history.   
“I already make it my job every day to do the best I can to help families as the law allows. 
As Family Court Judge I will bring my heart and perspective to continue to do the best I can to help families as the law allows. I will be honest and fair and families will be heard.” 
 Recalling her youth, Rogers added, “A judge once told me, ‘It’ll be OK; I hear you.’ That statement was great comfort and made a difference in my life. I want to share that with others.”  
Rogers received the 2011 Unsung Hero Award from the Crittenden County Chamber of Commerce, and the 2011 Kentucky Bar Assn. Young Lawyers Section Community Service Spotlight.  
She has been co-chair of the Crittenden County Coalition for a Drug-Free Community since 2008 and is currently President of the Crittenden County Library Board, where she has been a Trustee since 2010.  She also has volunteered with Teen Court, with the late Judge Tommy Simpson, and with the Truancy Diversion Programs in both Crittenden and Webster counties. 
“My campaign will not change my status with the Webster County School Board,” Rogers wanted to assure Webster County residents and parents. “I will continue to represent all of my clients just as I’ve always done, at the same degree of care and attention during the campaign. Only if I am successful will I have to end my representation once I take the bench, which is still over a year away.” 
Brandi Hagan Rogers is married to Grant Rogers of Fredonia and they have one daughter, Charlie. They are members of Fredonia Valley Cumberland Presbyterian Church and live in Marion.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Madagascar ( East Africa),and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as I have been going through a problem as seriously as my son found a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and I could not pay the bills, then your surgery went to the bank to borrow and reject me saying that I have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when I was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee, offering loans at affordable interest rate I had no choice but to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, I got a loan of $ 110,000.00 to paid for my son surgery then get myself a comfortable business to help me going as well. I  thank God today is good and you can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to myself that I will mourn aloud in the world of the wonders of God to me through this God fearing lender  Mr Benjamin Breil Lee and I would advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this God-fearing man on  ......  247officedept@gmail.com through .. and I want you all to pray for this man for me or Chat with him on whatsapp  +1-989-394-3740 as well.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete