Translate

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nashville recording artist to perform at Providence Chamber Banquet


by Matt Hughes
J-E News Editor
The Providence Chamber of Commerce announced last week that Nashville recording artist Dave Wilbert had been signed to provide the entertainment for the annual Chamber Banquet to be held on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at the Providence General Baptist Church.
“I am from southern Indiana, but I moved to Nashville in 1996 to pursue a music career,” said Wilbert. “I cut one record a few years back and had a music video that appeared on CMT Prime.”
Wilbert also toured with numerous Country Music artists such as Kenny Chesney, Joe Diffie and the Dixie Chicks.
“I make a living a different way now,” Wilbert said. “I do this just for fun. Doing it to make a living just took all of the fun out of making music.”
Chamber President Elizabeth Holloman and her husband Dr. Jon Holloman met Wilbert through a mutual friend. After listening to his CD, she decided that she would try to get him for the banquet.
“I’m bringing a friend named Scott McKinnon with me to play guitar,” said Wilbert. “He was paralyzed several years ago, so he’ll be playing from his wheel chair. Anytime we play together I sit down with him.”
The two will play a mix of country and Christmas music.
Tickets to the banquet can be purchased at Animal House Veterinary Clinic on West Main Street in Providence.

No comments:

Post a Comment